Chocolate Is Simply Not For Dogs

Chocolate Is Simply Not For Dogs

Anybody who has a pet knows exactly what it is like then when they are not well. That is why animal lovers will do whatever necessary to make sure that their pets remain self and healthy. Unfortunately, bad things do happen and there are times when our dogs are sick. They are a member of the family so we rush off to get them the urgent care they need. There are a number of foods that that your dog simply cannot eat because they are toxic to your furry friends. Keep reading to discover some of the foods that can make your dog very sick and can even be fatal.

Just as we love our pets, most of us humans love our chocolate. One thing you must be careful of is not to allow your dog to ever consume any amount of chocolate. Chocolate (especially baking chocolate) is extremely toxic to your pet. It contains a chemical called theobromine that do massive damage to your dog’s lungs, kidneys, heart, and nervous system. Keep chocolate away from your pet all costs. Store your chocolate stash in hard to reach places. Never keep chocolate in a place where your dog can reach it.

Smaller dogs tend to be more likely to get into foods they are not supposed to eat. The Beagle is one of the most popular small dogs in the country. They typically are about 20-35 pounds and 13 inches tall. They are kind and gentle and are also great with children. The Beagle likes to stay active and require a lot of exercise so keep them active as much as you can! They sometimes can be difficult to train because they are so independent and determined. Make sure you hide the chocolate where they can’t find it!

The Bichon Frise is another good choice for people looking for a small pet. They are typically about 10-15 pounds and are very small-framed dogs. They are very happy and friendly dogs but can be difficult to house break because they are so stubborn. They require daily exercise so keep them active and outdoors as often as you can. The Bichon Frise tends to get attached to their owners so they may sleep with you at night and my whine and cry when you are not at home.

Our pets play such an important role in our lives. We want them to be around for a long time. It is our jobs as pet owners to make sure our dogs are taken care of to the fullest extent of our capabilities. Keeping these toxic foods away from your dog is a great step in keeping your favorite furry friend around for a very long time.

Chocolate Is Simply Not For Dogs Credit Picture License: IMG_2689 via photopin cc